We have all heard it… “You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression!” When it comes to your home, Curb Appeal sets the tone for what’s to come. We have personally experienced buyers refusing to go in to a home after seeing it from the street. It doesn’t matter how well the interior of the home shows if you can’t get them to the front door. A home with great curb appeal could raise the value of the home as much as 17%.
Here are 10 things you can do to ensure your home shows its best.
- The intense Arizona sun can be harsh. If your home hasn’t been painted in 7-8 years its time for a fresh coat. If you have a sun facing front door make sure you paint or re-stain it too.
- Trim all the trees and shrubs away from the house and shape them accordingly.
- Weed, blow, and rake the front yard regularly.
- Fresh flowers in pots and adding some color with Lantana goes a long way.
- If you have landscape lighting make sure all the lights are working and buried properly.
- Remove excessive furniture and pull back trash cans that might be stored on the side of the home.
- Clean the windows and the light fixtures leading up to the home. If you have sun screens, remove and store in the garage.
- Do not park cars in the driveway or in front of the home.
- Clean and remove any oil spots from the driveway.
- Place a new welcome door mat at the entrance.
A clean and tidy home is appealing to everyone. If you are considering selling your home these items will help put more dollars in your pocket. Most are fairly inexpensive and can be accomplished in a weekend. If you need referrals for a landscaper or handyman just give us a call. We are always happy to help clients. Eric and Linda 480.389-6953